Thursday, February 5, 2009

Disclaimer

Void where prohibited. Use only as directed. No other warranty expressed or implied. Sound familiar? My favorite disclaimers are the ads where the disclaimer takes more time to explain than the description of the product. Fortunately this won't be one of those cases.

I did not start this blog to write about myself, but to write about issues and ideas. Of course I'll be writing from my vantage point so this blog is from me, but it won't be about me. Although there probably will be times when I write about my own experience(s) to illustrate a point, that's not where I want the focus to be. But since we all have our preferences I do feel it is important for you to know where I'm coming from.

Politically I consider myself to be an extreme moderate. What's an extreme moderate? Probably someone whom liberals find to be too conservative and conservatives find to be too liberal. I embrace ideas from both sides. I believe in taking care of our planet, a traditionally liberal view. In fact I've owned an electric bicycle and car (not a hybrid, but a fully electric car). I also accept that the citizenry should have the right to bear arms, a traditionally conservative stance, though I personally don't want to own a gun. However, if you were to tally where I stand on all the issues, most people would conclude that I accept more views from the right.

My moral code stems from my religious ideals. I understand that there will be those who read this blog who are atheists or agnostics and whose morals stem from philosophical concepts. I hope that we can agree to disagree where needed, but mostly that we will look for areas where we have common ground and that we will always show respect to one another.

But enough about me ... No purchase necessary. May be too intense for some viewers. If condition persists, consult your physician. Objects in mirror may be closer than they appear. Your mileage may vary.

No comments: