The first step I've already mentioned: look for more than one side of an issue; don't just concur with the generally accepted or first viewpoint you hear. To put it in words used in the scientific method: investigate to acquire new knowledge. Once you have that new knowledge, study it out. Compare it with what you already know. Cross reference it. Discuss it with trusted associates. (If you are religious, that would include God.)
Now here's the hard part: be willing to change some of your own preconceived notions. Ouch! (I told you that would be the hard part.) It's easy to be proud and not want to accept the fact that we were wrong. Hey, none of us are perfect. We're all wrong from time to time. No biggie! What is a biggie--and what's really foolish--is holding on to fallacy when we know it is!!!
Having said all that, if you think I'm mistaken in something I write in this blog, call me on it. I only ask that you be respectful. I hope you join me as we seek together to “See Thru The View”.
No comments:
Post a Comment